vp, sales & marketing
About This Role:
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Exempt Employee (Full Time)
We are currently in the process of advising on the re-launch of a cloud-based project management and capacity planning platform that is in use by leading companies around the world - including GE Healthcare, Abbott Labs, Logitech and others.
As a result, we are seeking a highly skilled VP, Sales & Marketing with solid domain experience in enterprise cloud-solution sales and deep executive level contacts to help build upon the current Fortune 1000 client base.
Company & Product Description:
The “Company” is a newly formed entity that has acquired the assets of a cloud-based project management and capacity planning solution in use by global Fortune 1000 companies. An entirely re-designed version of the platform has recently been launched in Beta and has been very well received by the market. Iterative version releases are underway as the Company secures market feedback, with a goal of having the solution fully launched in Q4 2017.
Job Purpose and Expectations:
As a primary role, the VP, Sales & Marketing will effectively serve as the Company’s chief revenue officer and be responsible for the development, sale and management of all SMB and Enterprise-level accounts. This position requires a self-starter - an executive capable of leading the development of net new business directly and familiar with building a sales organization from scratch. This candidate will also be responsible for developing a robust channel and partner sales program with key partners in the field service, consulting and other complimentary industries in furtherance of the Company’s stated goals and objectives.
The candidate will also coordinate the provision of strategic sales, business development and marketing advice to the CEO, as well as the Company in the development of corporate policies and goals that cover all company sales and marketing activity.
This position is both tactical and strategic, requiring a solid core of sales acumen and a hands-on approach to business development and product evangelism. Thus, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all areas of the Company at both the staff and executive level.
- Oversee all aspects of client relationships including lead generation activities, proposal writing and presentation, contract negotiations and ongoing account management and growth;
- Strong leadership skills to manage team members and partners who develop and penetrate new accounts to drive in revenue growth;
- Develop robust channel sales platform with third parties to drive penetration into new market verticals;
- Establish, expand and manage the external “voice of the Company”, ensuring that all messaging conforms to the Company’s core value proposition;
- Participate at industry trade shows, conferences, etc. and demonstrate the Company’s value proposition as broadly as possible;
- Continually ensure satisfaction of clients;
- Establish and meet or exceed sales goals;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 10+ years relevant enterprise sales experience either at a large cloud-based IaaS / PaaS provider;
- 5+ years at an Internet start-up leading or managing sales to both SMB and enterprise accounts;
- Solid understanding of the project management and capacity planning space and how purchasing decisions are made at client organizations;
- Documented success in consistently exceeding sales quotas;
- Experience in a high growth, business-building environment;
- Ability to present information to others in a concise, confident and poised manner;
- Strong contract negotiation skills;
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build and lead a team;
- Demonstrated ability to sell at all levels and create innovative sales solutions to client needs;
- Able to travel.
- BA/BS degree required.
You’d Be Great For This Role If:
- You have strong sales skills with high closing rate;
- You want to help build a brilliant brand and leave a lasting impact on your customers;
- You’re a self-starter.
- You have the ability to impact and influence; to sell your ideas to internal and external stakeholders and make them stick;
- You use all available resources to solve problems and make decisions;
- You explore issues from many different perspectives while exploring new ideas and solutions;
- You are an effective communicator, articulate, and good listener;
- You’re a team player with a consultative approach;
- You’re structured and detail-oriented;
- You have high energy and a positive approach to solving for challenges;
- You treat others with respect and dignity;
- You possess a good sense of humor and strong work ethic.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties to ensure the achievement of the Company’s stated goals and objectives.
To apply for this role, please send your resume along with a cover letter to careers at soda-media.com