chief technology officer
About This Role:
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Exempt Employee (Full Time)
We are currently in the process of advising on the re-launch of a cloud-based project management and capacity planning platform that is in use by leading companies around the world - including GE Healthcare, Abbott Labs, Logitech and others.
To accomplish this, we are seeking a highly skilled Chief Technology Officer with experience in cloud-based start-ups and capable of building a world class team to take this platform to the next level.
Company & Product Description:
The “Company” is a newly formed entity that has acquired the assets of a cloud-based project management and capacity planning solution in use by global Fortune 1000 companies. An entirely re-designed version of the platform has recently been launched in Beta and has been very well received by the market. Iterative version releases are underway as the Company secures market feedback, with a goal of having the solution fully launched in Q4 2017.
Job Purpose and Expectations:
As a primary role, the Chief Technology Officer will be responsible for the planning and direction of the overall technical activities of the Company as well as implement strategies for the continued evolution of the Company’s core product, while maintaining a high level of operational reliability. This individual will also oversee each department responsible for development, deployment, management and support of products and technology used and/or deployed by the Company.
The candidate will also coordinate the provision of technical advice and service to the CEO, as well as the Company in the development of corporate policies and goals that cover all Company technical development and operations.
This position is both tactical and strategic, requiring a solid core of technical expertise and a hands-on approach to operations and technology management. Thus, the candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all areas of the Company at both the staff and executive level.
- Provide organizational direction with regards to all internal technologies (production, decision support, productivity);
- Provide organizational direction with regards to all customer-facing technologies (including mobility, data and qualitative products, and user trial);
- Be responsible for hiring and managing a team of systems software engineers, designers and implementation personnel;
- Provide hands-on experience throughout all phases of the platform development lifecycle;
- Manage both in-house, and third party service providers and consultants;
- Spearhead the Company-wide technical vision - Set the overall direction for information technology through strategic planning and evaluation by establishing an IT strategic road map that supports and advances corporate business objectives in concert with Senior Management team with emphasis on cost/benefits analysis;
- Develop migration plan from existing proprietary code base, to a more standardized language – node.js, etc.;
- Lead and manage the technology planning, the evaluation/decision of alternative technologies, the production of technical documentation, prototype development;
- Support and foster a high energy and morale of the group and foster the continuous improvement culture of the organization and get the most out of the existing team;
- Co-ordinate and drive the business relationships with key internal and significant external partners;
- Perform other duties as required.
- Minimum of 10 years in software development management leadership position, with an emphasis on start-ups;
- Minimum of 8 years progressive experience with development and implementation of cloud based platforms and solutions;
- Minimum of 5 years experience with agile development methodologies;
- Hands-on experience in HTML5, REST/API, ReactJS, iOS and Android development;
- Familiarity with microservices, serverless computing, Cloud PaaS, etc.;
- Experience establishing measurable systems with high QOS and availability;
- BSEE or equivalent experience desirable.
You’d Be Great For This Role If:
- You’ve developed and matured a software engineering team that supports an agile methodology and emphasizes continuous delivery;
- You’ve built and managed high-performing agile engineering teams;
- You’ve helped individuals succeed by recognizing and providing opportunities for professional growth;
- You’ve built, used and understand APIs, web security; cloud computing, systems and architecture, networking systems, bandwidth and overall internet infrastructure;
- You have designed the workflows associated with various department/company business processes;
- You have supported the creation of enterprise systems and security policies and procedures;
- You’ve evaluated technology solutions, selected technology vendors, negotiating contracts related to technology purchases, and maintained relationships with technology vendors;
- You’ve designed and established processes for predictability and on-time and on budget delivery against product roadmaps.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties to ensure the achievement of the Company’s stated goals and objectives.
To apply for this role, please send your resume along with a cover letter to careers at soda-media.com